Tel: 203.855.1400 or E-mail
HealthDay Press Contact
631-582-9000 ext 102
HealthDay Expands Information Product Offerings
Daily video program, podcasts, mobile broadcasts, custom content highlight
NORWALK, Connecticut, USA (July 7, 2010) - HealthDay, the leading producer and syndicator of health news, has expanded its services and products to take advantage of the diverse choices offered by emerging technologies.
"Over the past few years HealthDay's website has been stretched to its limit with new product and service offerings. The time has come to update the entire website," said Dan McKillen, HealthDay's CEO. "If a potential client is interested in one of our products, such as our daily video program HealthDay TV, it's much more accessible at healthday.com than it was before. And because we realize clients have very specific and different needs, we've made access to HealthDay sales and service representatives much easier as well," said McKillen.
- HealthDay TV is hosted by HealthDay's Chief Medical Officer Dr. Cindy Haines. Each 90-second program reports on a recent medical/health development with Dr. Haines giving insight in short, easy-to-understand commentary.
- Mobile version of daily health news, designed to utilize the exploding smart phone market. According to "Taking the Pulse® v10.0 (2010)" from Manhattan Research, 72% of U.S. physicians own a smart phone.
- Daily health news in Spanish, delivered to customers each weekday.
- Automated, personalized e-health newsletters, based on subscribers' viewing patterns. The HealthDay eNewsletter uses "intelligent" personalization to automatically map specific content with ICD-9 codes that match a patient's record and other standard tags and serves content that is most relevant to the subscriber.
- Physician's Briefing, the daily newswire for doctors and other health professionals, offers 15+ new items daily and itemizes the stories by medical specialty.
- HealthDay consumer daily news service continues its comprehensive reporting of 15+ items daily and can be seen at http://consumer.healthday.com. HealthDay consumer health news appears on more than 5,000 websites, hundreds of hospital and hospital group websites, ands newspaper Internet sites across the country.
- Custom content, written for a specific need. From consumer-oriented stories to technical articles requiring medical review, HealthDay's special projects editorial team can write, edit and deliver content that meets a client's criteria in a timely, professional, fashion. Articles requiring SEO and physician review are also readily available.
HealthDay is featured on more than 5,000 websites including: