Quality, Original Health Content Delivered Daily
HealthDay's health news services and products are turnkey resources for your company or organization. We produce the latest, most readable Internet-ready health content to inform your subscribers, staff, customers and patients of the most important developments in medicine and health.
Health News Services, Countless Applications
- Consumer Health News Service - Receive up to 18 original health news articles every day, written by our team of award-winning journalists and editors, and XML-tagged for easy posting to your website. Consumer news feeds include health highlights, tips, FDA approval alerts and more. Health news feeds also are available in Spanish and Japanese.
- Daily Videos - A 60-second video of the top health story of the day is featured on HealthDay TV and HealthDay TV en Español. Hosted by board-certified physicians, the videos are based on the latest news published in major medical journals and new research presented at medical conferences. HealthDay Living delivers a 60-to-80-second video on topics that influence consumers' lives, including diet, recipes, fitness, lifestyle, health and wellness. Connect with your audience and keep it engaged with brief video segments featuring health news headlines, lifestyle tips and reports on the latest medical research.
- Professional Health News Service - Physician's Briefing is our medical news service for the medical and healthcare professional. Receive a minimum of 15 articles a day covering 32 different medical specialties. This service also includes alerts and updates from the FDA and other United States government organizations.
- Custom Content - When you're in need of specialized content, our Custom Content Division becomes your writing and video production department. HealthDay provides custom content tailored to your audience and format. Do you need content that is optimized for search engines? We have a team in place to deliver it.
Last Updated: March 15, 2016
Put HealthDay to Work for You
To see how our health news licensing and syndication services and products can benefit your business or organization contact us.
Have breaking health news you want to share with our editorial team? Get in touch with HealthDay editors now.
HealthDay's Interactive Infographics take complex health and medical topics and present them in a way that is appealing, intuitive and engaging. We realize that today's generation typically prefers images to text, and welcomes the ability to swipe and click through information.
What Are HealthDay Social Graphics?
HealthDay's Social Graphics take complex health and medical topics and present them in a way that is appealing, intuitive and engaging. We realize that today's generation typically prefers images to text, and welcomes the ability to get information through graphics. Each social graphic is presented as a stand-alone GIF or MP4 file which can be embedded in an article or blog post, or on your social media.
Why Do Clients Use Our Social Graphics?
HealthDay's media clients are seeking to present information to viewers in a whole new way, and are particularly focused on new formats that work well on mobile and social media. Our Social Graphics allow users to quickly discover information that is of most interest to them. This ability to quickly get to the most meaningful content greatly increases client engagement. Providing users with an intuitive interface as a portal to additional content increases page visit times on websites.
Can Clients Customize Social Graphics?
Yes. We have a stock of generic Social Graphics that are ready for plug and play. If a client requires a solution for a specific subject area, though, we can quickly develop a Social Graphic to meet that need. You give us the topic, and we use our content to create the end product.
How Are They Delivered?
Delivery can be tailored to meet each client's intended use. We can deliver Social Graphics via an XML, JSON, or RSS feed and by download of GIF or MP4 file.
- New Format for Presenting Content
- Intuitive, Graphical, Educational and Entertaining
- All Content Fully Research-Based and Verifiable
- Sources Listed
- Excellent Tool to Increase Client Engagement
- Perfect for Website or Digital Wallboard Use
- Available as a Beta-Version Syndicated Feed
- Available as a Customized Series
HealthDay Now is a magazine-styled video news show, presented by HealthDay broadcast journalist Mabel Jong. In each installment Mabel discusses topical health issues with experts in their field. HealthDay Now offers excellent insight into the critical thinking behind public health administration, and also goes behind the scenes of the latest scientific research. This informative video news product is ideal for driving client engagement.
What is HealthDay Now?
In 2021, HealthDay launched the latest addition to our extensive product line-up, HealthDay Now. Award-winning HealthDay broadcast journalist Mabel Jong - a former news anchor and correspondent with CNBC, NBC News and ABC News - delivers the latest news headlines and discusses topical health issues with experts in that field.
HealthDay Now offers the latest news in video format, provides insight into the critical thinking behind public health administration, and also goes behind the scenes of the latest scientific research.
Why Do Leading Medical Media and Hospitals Use HealthDay Now?
In-house access to the very latest health news stories, the ability to attract top level experts from each health specialty, an accomplished news anchor and over 20 years of expertise in the creation of content to drive client engagement, all means that HealthDay is ideally placed to deliver excellent video news services. Video, of course, is one of the hottest areas in health media today. HealthDay Now enables our clients to provide top quality video news content to their social media or website without having to do any production or technical integration on their own. This provides consistent content to engage users/patients and opens the door for clients to then communicate company information or marketing materials.
How it is Delivered
HealthDay Now is delivered from our broadcast platform directly to your destination. Each video can be delivered as an iFrame, directly to client websites, eliminating or reducing data transfer times and disk/cloud storage issues. We can also provide the raw mp4 if so desired. In certain cases, if our interviews are live streamed, we can broadcast directly to clients' social media channels. This may require minor settings involving RTMP, but for most social media destinations all that is necessary is that you provide access. For more information on live broadcasting directly to your social media, please reach out to HealthDay's sales team.
How HealthDay Now Evolved to Meet Client Needs
The COVID-19 pandemic clearly expedited the need for video content and access to opinions and advice from key thought leaders. From the onset of the pandemic, HealthDay gave clients access to bi-weekly live streamed interviews with public health experts, through our streaming service HD Live! Throughout 2020, HealthDay worked with clients to establish needs and requirements, and eventually broadened the video offering to incorporate the latest news headlines ahead of each interview, as well as an in-depth video review of a topical health news story. As a result of iterative feedback feeding product development, HealthDay Now was launched in the spring of 2021, giving clients exactly what they requested: consistent video news content, including interview segments with key health experts.
The stories contain step-by-step guides to diseases and conditions, ranging from how a baby develops and grows, to memory care for Alzheimer's patients. Resources include information on disease and condition management, prevention and self-care, when to consult a physician, what to ask the physician and educational quizzes to test knowledge and track symptom progression.
What is HealthDay’s Wellness Library?
HealthDay's Wellness Library is a collection of more than 1,500 original encyclopedic health and medical articles. The reference-style library features informative articles, special reports, first-person essays, quizzes and much more. Arranged into 42 topic centers ranging from Alzheimer's to Women's Health, the Wellness Library offers "what you need to know" content on a wide variety of topics.
The stories contain step-by-step guides on diseases and conditions, ranging from how a baby develops and grows, to memory care for Alzheimer's patients. Resources include information on disease and condition management, prevention and self-care, when to consult a physician, what to ask the physician and educational quizzes to test knowledge and track symptom progression.
Why Do Leading Medical Media and Hospitals Use the Wellness Library?
While large research hospitals may have ample resources to create their own health and wellness libraries, regional hospitals and health facilities such as Citrus Valley Health Partners, Community Foundation of Northwest Indiana and Northern Hospital of Surry County know they need to provide basic patient education as part of their service. They turn to HealthDay's Wellness Library as a turn-key solution for a fraction of the cost of making it themselves. HealthDay even takes care of reviewing and updating the content annually to ensure it stays up to date.
This deep and focused body of easy-to-understand and informative content is an excellent reference tool for engaging clients. Because of the highly granular nature of the content, clients find exactly what they are interested in reading, thus reducing bounce rates. The Wellness Library is also an excellent range of content from an SEO client acquisition standpoint.
Clients whose business model depends upon client behavioral change, such as wellness platforms, leverage this content to educate and inspire clients.
How is it Delivered?
- Encyclopedic Content
- 1,500 Pieces of Original Health/Medical Content
- 42 Topic Centers of Information
- Raises Website/Application IQ
- Excellent Health Content for SEO Strategy Campaigns
- Excellent Health Content for Client Engagement